With this egg-timer you can cook the eggs starting putting them into cold water benefiting from the heat during the warm-up phase. This saves your money and the environment.
The App remembers the time it takes for the water to boil, so next time you cook eggs, you only have to press the START button and the smArt Egg-Timer will show and tell you when the eggs are ready – if you, as a precondition, cook the eggs in a similar way again.
Great benefits and still so simple to use (v5):
- Saves energy, as also the heat-up phase of the water begins to harden the eggs.
- Shorter overall time till eggs are ready.
- Very simple one-click operation.
- Progress-bar showing the hardness of the eggs.
- Different audio responses during the cooking from signal to cooking instructions as well as:
- Record your own voice with the App. The voice will be played when eggs have the desired hardness.
- Play audios from the Internet (will be extended over time)
- Computer-voice telling the progress of the cooking (text-to-speech)
- Simple selections of the egg size (S, M, L, XL).
- Selection of egg-size on single gram level for those who want it more accurate.
- Automatic detection of the altitude with GPS.
- Showing the reference time for a soft-boiled egg from the time the water boils.
- Supported languages: Initially German and English (more to come).
The Free Version has changing ads, the Pro Version doesn't.
Eggs with different sizes and different hardness can be cooked at the same time. Simply change the selected egg-size during the cooking-phase and the App shows the hardness of each egg-size.
Starting to put the eggs into cold water has the following additional advantage:
- Less risk that the eggs will burst
- Boiling-duration independent of the initial temperature of the eggs.
- A smaller pot can be used or more eggs can be cooked at the same time. Because, if the eggs are put into boiling water, there must be enough boiling water that the eggs do not cool down the boiling water too much and thus increasing the cooking time.
After I had been looking unsuccessfully for an egg-timer App which allows me to put the eggs into cold water (that’s how I learned it from my mother), I decided to write my own App.
The main problem actually was, that during the preparation of the breakfast I often missed the point to set the timer when the water boiled (this also happened to my mother). And then the big question was: for how long had the eggs boiled? And in this situation I did not care much about energy saving! But this is all water under the bridge now.
Many eggs have been cooked and eaten before I finally decided to put the smArt App into the market; smArt, the “simple Art” to cook eggs.
Try it out. It is for free!
If you like the App, please share it with others. Because preventing wasting of energy should be in the interest of all of us.
Note: The smArt Egg-Timer actually also supports putting the eggs into boiling water, e.g. if boiling water is already available.
smArt Egg Timer (Free) is a free software application from the Food & Drink subcategory, part of the Home & Hobby category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2014-03-26. The program can be installed on Android.
smArt Egg Timer (Free) (version 1.6) is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 0 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.
Here you can find the changelog of smArt Egg Timer (Free) since it was posted on our website on 2016-12-24.
The latest version is 1.6 and it was updated on soft112.com on 2018-01-08.
See below the changes in each version:
posted on 2014-03-26
V1.6:,- Practical extension: For your own recording you can now change the target hardness without having to make a new recording. Simply press the microphone, change the desired hardness and press START.